Wednesday, July 16, 2008

10,000 BC

Alright so I watched 10,000BC tonight. This movie is by the same director of Independence Day and the Day After Tomorrow. This movie was not anything close to those movies. In 10,000BC all the characters looked the same. I couldnt tell the difference between the main character and supporting characters. And it never had a defined story! The story line changed 2 or 3 times and by the end I couldnt keep them all straight.

Then for some odd reason all these random tribes got together to fight a war agains these alien type people and each one spoke a different language and there were no subtitles. So I never understood what was going on. Every so often there would be a line or so someone would translate, but most of it was just left alone.

There were also strange animals that I didnt even know were around when people were around. They looked like bird/raptor animals. So it gave the movie a kind of Jurassic Park feel too it as they walked through tall grass and people got attacked. (Just like in the Lost World)

So to conclude the very confusing and jumpy story line, it was a George of the Jungle meets Jurassic Park, and the Scorpion King type battles all mixed into one movie. After making movies like Independence Day this director seriously needs to think about his movies before he agrees to direct them. I award this movie no points.

4 comments:

BloggingBills said...

Dear Movie King:

If you are truly going to be a movie critic, you are going to have to include on your blog critiques and suggestions for classic old movies that we may have forgotton and need to watch, re-watch or remember. So a suggestion: for every current movie you review, add a 'Must See" movie from the oldies list.

You can also add oldies from the family or kids' list so that people like Sarah and Boo have some retro choices.

Just a suggestion.
For starters, how about a review of The Great Escape or North by Northwest?

Nanx,
The Movie King's Mom, which makes me the Movie Grand Queen

Erin said...

George of the Jungle meets Jurrasic Park! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!
A bunch of my student's watched this movie for extra credit last year. They had to write a paper about all the inaccuracies (based on what we talked about in class). FYI the reason you didn't know people and those big animals lived at the same time is because THEY DIDN'T!
Doing great. I like mom's suggestion. Also, Mr. Movie Critic, perhaps you should have mom proofread. :-)

movie_king said...

what does mom need to proof read yo?

The Wolford Family said...

I don't care about the errors but I do like the idea of a retrospective of older movies. Anyway keep up the good work and I hope you like Batman!!!!!
Sarah