I do not even know where to begin. From the second the movie started to the second the credits began to roll you were sucked into the comic book world of Bruce Wayne. It was filled with intense sequences of action and the constant pull of moral conflict. This is by far not only the best superhero movie of all time, but the best of the summer.
The writing of this movie was absolutely incredible. They turned a beloved Joker, who in the original was just that a joker, into the most twisted and disturbed comic villain I have ever seen. In the first Batman (Keaton, Nicholson) you never really feared the Joker. He was the same bad guy before he fell into chemicals as he was after, just with a white face and a large grin. The very first time the Joker makes his appearance in the movie, you see how horrifying he really is. And through out the movie the writing gets better and better. The Joker gets more and more disturbing and at the same time you just have to laugh because it is so genius.
Which brings me to my next point. Heath Ledger. Not a soul on this earth can ever match up to what he did as the Joker, he took the thought of the Joker, and turned him into someone you loved to watch and at the same time feared for your life in the theater. I dont normally get scared in movies, or if I do the next minute I am laughing at myself because it was pointless for me to be scared. But in this movie some of the scenes with the Joker were so terrifying it was hard for me to not full on scream. (Which by the way many people did) I think to me the best part of Heath Ledger's Joker was that he had humor that really made you laugh, completely laugh out loud, then the next second you would be gripping your knees in the fetal position.
Christain Bale, again I cant think of anyone who can do what he has done with Batman. In the original Batman, the Joker is killed by Batman. Not here, the whole movie ties into Bruce Waynes struggle with his morals because even though this man is so sick and twisted he can not kill him. He tries many times but he can never go through with it and the Joker is there, laughing in his face.
Micheal Cane and Morgan Freeman, both are wonderful actors and I love to watch them in these movies because they tend to relieve the tension that builds and doesnt seem to have an end.
To conclude this review I just have to say, I waited all summer for this movie and the second it got out I wanted to go buy tickets for the 3:15 AM showing they had at Jordan Commons. Never before in a movie have I laughed so hard, cheered so loud and thought I was going to wet myself it was so scary. Its a movie you want to see over and over because every time you will pick up on something new. And as Dad has requested I am going to start giving movies crowns. I dont really know how those convert to stars or anything, but in my review world 5 is the highest amount of crowns I can give a movie and I give this movie all 5 crowns. Hands down best movie of the summer, and possibly the year.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank Caleb -Hey since I won't get to see this until it's on DVD doesn't the Joker die becasue Heath did? I was wondering if you can tell where they had to go back and reshoot?
Sarah
You can email me if you don't want to spoil anything -
Come up here and i'll go see it with you, it will be in theaters til probably october so you can fit it in :D but no they didnt kill the Joker, they just took out the scene that would set him up to be in the next one, so the it was semi unresolved what they did with the joker but we can just assume he stays in police care.
I must concur with the Movie King Batman:Dark Knight was not only the greatest superhero movie of all time but one of the best movies I have ever seen!
Post a Comment